Map Room Consulting is collaborating with a Consumer Savings and Business Finance Bank headquartered in London, with additional offices in the North West and Midlands. We are seeking an Operations Manager to oversee the bank’s Business Continuity and Incident Management programs, health & safety, and facilities management, ensuring the smooth and secure operation of their business.
- Develop, oversee, and sustain comprehensive business continuity plans in accordance with relevant regulations, safeguarding crucial business services.
- Collaborate with departmental leaders to identify and chart essential functions, services, processes, and platforms, aligning continuity plans with business objectives.
- Work with the SMF owner of Operational Resilience to conduct scenario tests, evaluating the effectiveness of business continuity plans.
- Develop and maintain robust incident management and response plans, coordinating with stakeholders to ensure ongoing relevance and effectiveness.
- Ensure a skilled incident management team and response team, arranging training for prompt and effective responses to operational disruptions or incidents.
- Manage internal systems supporting the business’ operational capability during incidents.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to plan and lead incident management scenario testing.
- Manage all minor incidents within the business, overseeing reviews, root cause analyses, and follow-up actions.
Health & Safety:
- Oversee health and safety protocols across all bank facilities, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Establish and maintain a rigorous health and safety process, conducting regular audits and risk assessments.
- Schedule and ensure staff training and competence in health and safety, fostering a culture of safety and wellbeing.
- Manage bank facilities to ensure a safe, efficient, and comfortable working environment.
- Oversee facility maintenance, utilities, supply, and vendor management.
- Manage the central repository for all policies, procedures, processes, and guides.
- Create a governance process for the central repository, ensuring periodic reviews by relevant business owners.
- Assist the COO in delivering strategic initiatives and overseeing ongoing monitoring, such as driving operational efficiencies.
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degrees or certifications are a plus.
- Proven experience in operations management within the financial services industry, focusing on business continuity and incident management.
- Strong knowledge of banking regulations and compliance related to business continuity and incident management.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across departments.
- Adaptability to a fast-paced and dynamic banking environment.
- Desire to drive efficiency and high-quality business processes, demonstrating strength in delivery.